- C P Patel & F H Shah Commerce College managed by Sardar Patel Education Trust,Anand was established in the year 1970. The college library was started in August 1970-71 with a few hundred books. Today it has grown to over 27,000+ books with addition of e-resources as well. Growth of the library collections has been in tune with the growing needs of the institution. The College Library has been playing a very significant role in the Educational Process and it is the heart of the institution. It is a premier academic organization in the region where the students mainly come from poor economic, educational and social backgrounds. Focusing upon the very important role of the library, our college Library has been growing steadily over the years.
- Leading the Way to Information Opportunities.
- Library intends to offer comprehensive service related to dissemination of knowledge.
- Creating and Strengthening Reading Habits in Students.
- Time and human Power Saving with qualitative Services.
- To provide reading, learning, reference information & documentation facilities to Users.
- To help improve access to e-resources, the information resources and services necessary to support the learning, teaching and research activities.
- To promote reading habit among students.
- To support and promote the use of rich and diverse collection among the users.
||Names of the Committee Members
||Dr. R D Modi – Chair Person
||Prof. S V Pinto (Dept. of BCOM-BBA)
||Prof.Hinal Thakkar (Dept. of BCA/BBAITM/PGDCA)
||Dr.Ankita Brahmbhatt (Dept. of BCOMSF & MCOM)
||Prof.Kamal Agal (Dept. of BVOC & CC)
||Shri Arpit Patel (Librarian)
- To provide for proper documentation services and updating the Library collection.
- To work towards modernization and improvement of Library and documentation Services.
- To prepare budget and proposals for the development of the Library.
- To recommend to the authorities the fees and other charges for the use of the Library.
- To seek feedback on Library functions from readers.
- To submit the annual report on the functioning of the library.
- Library Automation: Library is computerized using SOUL software. All in house activities like circulation, cataloguing, serial control, OPAC etc. are being done with the use of software.
- Reference Service: The staff of the library, especially the librarian helps the readers in finding their queries.
- Current Awareness Service:List of content pages of the Periodicals/Magazines is given to the readers on demand.
- Home Issue Book Services:Books lending facility is available to students and faculty members
- Reprography: Xerox facility is available at library.
- Seating Arrangement: The normal seating arrangement for college students and teachers.
- Collection Development: Every year new books & Magazine are added to the library collection.
- Book Bank Scheme: The College has a Book Bank Scheme run by the Students Aid Fund for the socially backward& needy students. A set of books is provided to the students to be used in the academic year and returned after the final examination is over.
- Inter- Library Loan Facility: The College Library provides inter library loan facility to its readers.
- WebOPAC: Online Public Access Catalogue and Card catalogue (Author, Title and Subject) have been provided to have an easy access to the collection of the library.
- Periodicals Area: The Library subscribes printed Journals, Magazines and newspapers.
- Internet Facility: Free Internet facility available in Library.
- Earn While You Learn Scheme: Brilliant and toppers students are engaged under this scheme to maintain the library books.
- Off-line Database Search: CD-ROM databases are available for use. A good number of CDs/ DVDs are available for both borrowing and reading room reference.
- Library System: Open Access
- Online databases: INFLIBNET
- Major Attraction for Users: Collection of Vivekananda Books have been Preserved Separately.
- Bar Coding of Library Collection: A printer and One scanners are purchased for the bar-coding purpose. Now the bar-coding of the passive collection is going on. Students are being given computerized bar-coded Borrowing I D Card since 2015
- Closed Circuit Television System: Installed C.C.T.V. system with 2 cameras and one control units for overall supervision.
- No Due Certificate: No due certificate from the library is required for all students and staff members who permanently live from the college.
- Newspaper Clipping Service& Press media: We manage the file of all the technical, cultural, sports, events, functions and other programs organized by the College. We have each and every photographs, press notes and press-cuttings of all the function organized in our college in physical form.
- Non-Book Materials: The non-book collection consists of CD-ROMs, Floppies and AV materials including a collection of video courses.
- Property Counter: The Library users can keep their belongings at the property counter at main gate of library.
- E-mail Services: Faculty members, post–graduates and administrative staff members are allowed to send/receive e- mail through official IDs for their educational,Old Que.Paper & official work.
- Library Area: 2464 sq.ft
|Total No. of Books
| Total No. of Magazine & Journals(Print)
| Total No. of Back Volumes
| Total No. of CD’s / DVD’s
| Total No. of News Papers
| Total No. of Project Report
| Total No. of Photo Albums
|Special Collection (Swami Vivekananda Books)
- Library Orientation program :Every year the library conducts Library Orientation program for new comers in order to make them aware of the library facilities available for them.
- Book Exhibition :: Every year the college library holds the book exhibition.
- Visit : Other Library Visit.
- Celebration : Library day,Sardar patel ,Swami Vivekananda Birth Celebration etc.
- Best Readers' Award :Every year the college library gives “Best Readers Of The Year Award” to the students and Staff .The award carries a certificate and a trophy.
|Working days of the Library
||Monday to Saturday
|Working Hours of the Library
||8.00am to 4.00pm. on all working days
||Library will Close on Sundays & Public Holidays
Layout of the library & Learning Resources :
|| Magazine Section
|| Current Issue Display
|| Reading Section
||Back Vol. Stacks
||Internet Servives(Library connected with Internet)
The Learning Resources is a drop-in facility offering students free access to computers & the internet.Our facilities include 10 computers with E-Resources and also Internet Facilty.
Librarian & Convener: Mr. Arpit Patel