SSIP : Government of Gujarat has developed a policy for providing assistance to Startups/ Innovation. Under this scheme, any individual/ group of individuals having innovative idea/ Concept will be eligible and/ or Universities/ education institutions, Incubation Centre/ PSUs/ R&D Institutions/ Private and other establishments will be eligible as an institution to support and mentor to innovators as approved by Committee. Startups in an economy's technology sectors is an important indicator of technological performance for several reasons.
Key Objectives: (1) Developing student centric Innovation and Preincubation Ecosystem for Students (IPIES)
(2) Creating environment for creativity to flourish and an end-to-end support system in educational institutions to allow ample support to ideas for better execution
(3) Build internal capacity of educational institutions and key components of the innovation ecosystem to enable deployed processes to make sustainable impact at scale
(4) Create pathways for mind to market by harnessing and handholding projects/ research/ innovation/ ideas of students in Gujarat
(5) Creating and facilitating sectoral and regional innovation efforts in state around educational institutions
(6) Create a common platform to showcase, support and upscale innovations for motivating stakeholders as well as for an opportunity to create value for money and value for many